PHP Unconference Europe Warm-Up Party

If you are arriving in Manchester on Friday afternoon, you may be looking to go out on Friday night. Although, not an official part of PHP Unconference Europe, some attendees have suggested meeting up at the following fine establishment. The organizers, therefore, designate this as the pre-unconference meet up point.

Dukes 92

18 Castle Street

Castlefield

Manchester

M3 4LZ

Date: Friday, 18 February 2011.

Time: 19:00.

The first people that get there should tell the bar staff that they are part of the "PHP Unconference Group", so that other people can ask and get pointed into the right direction.

This venue is just a few minutes walk from PHP Unconference Europe.

Write a comment

Comments: 7
  • #1

Rick Ogden (Monday, 14 February 2011 10:46)

The easiest way of getting there is to get a train or tram to Deansgate or Deansgate Castlefield respectively. Then either drop down onto the canal and head away from Deansgate Locks (and you come will walk right past it), or follow this map: http://goo.gl/maps/ILEp

Rick

• #2

James (Monday, 14 February 2011 14:02)

I'm actually arriving at Manchester about 4ish, so may grab some food centrally then be propping up the bar from 5ish or so. Search twitter for #phpuceu on the day and lets meet up!

• #3

intphpunconf (Monday, 14 February 2011 14:16)

I am certain some people will be there before 7pm. Just keep an eye on Twitter for the latest information - #phpuceu will keep you up to date!

• #4

Rick Ogden (Monday, 14 February 2011 14:33)

The bar does serve food as well. If you require any local knowledge don't hesitate to tweet me: @rickogden

• #5

James (Tuesday, 15 February 2011 09:32)

Thanks, I visit Manchester a lot and I have my eye on that Rice and Wok place in Picadilly Gardens for food (Can't remember exact name)

• #6

intphpunconf (Tuesday, 15 February 2011 16:12)

@James: Just post your restaurant tips on Twitter - #phpuceu - and I am sure some people will join you for dinner: That is the point of an unconference: Get involved! Share your knowledge with fellow attendees.

• #7

James (Wednesday, 16 February 2011 16:58)

I know :-) I said "search twitter" in my first comment because I'm going to post and I want other ppl to search ...